Sunday, July 15, 2007

Slick Cat.

Ok, here are some of those sketches that I promised you guys. Lots and lots of doodles. As you can tell the first page holds a lot of motivation from Tim Burton films and actors. Nightmare Before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands, and even Tim himself! Look closely – it may take a while for you to see it. But if you want a hint of connection then visit this link. The little red boy? Ya - he was supposed to be a toon version of Kevin from Edward Scissorhands. Then you have your random pikachu, African guy, and cat-boy thing. Other than that – the cool cat at the top is supposed to be an anthro based off of Johnny Depp, it’s a work in progress although I’m closer to his finale design unlike before. Now I wont get too deep into why I chose a cat and all that, but if you look closely you may be able to read why anyways. Ahhh – there are many more doodles like these but I’m going to wait a while before I show them.

Here is another sketch – of a man in DYNAMIC MOTION! I decided that I need to do a lot more realism sketches; I just normally dive into a piece. But I said to myself – “hey… I need more realistic sketches with foreshortening.” So I DID. So there is that.

Well, I have to work on 5 art pieces for my 2D class before Friday, they deal with lines. Eugh – but hey, it’s a learning process. And I’m sure I’ll find a way to make it creative and fun. I’ll more than likely upload the finished product here.




No comments: